Descrição

Histórias de viagens ilustradas com fotografias

sábado, 23 de março de 2013

Penedo do Lexim II


I was invited to write in English this time. Let’s see how I manage to cope with this challenge.

Disclaimer: The opinions stated below represents my own point of view and does not in any circumstance refers to the opinion of the institution mentioned in the text (www.chain.to) nor any of its members or participants.

I was invited to enter this movie playing the role of a bus driver. It’s strange because I don’t even have a bus, and speaking about my driving capabilities, I guess some of the participants wouldn’t like to repeat the experience. Anyway, we all arrived home safely.


The subject of the trip was to visit Penedo do Lexim, and maybe some other volcanic tops which took part of the Lisbon volcanic system, with some participants in the activities of the Chain Project.

We had the precious help of Paulo Fernandes from Mafra’s Town Hall who accompanied us and explained interesting things about the places we visited.


It’s the second time I went to Penedo do Lexim.  The history of the first visit can be seen here.

This time we observed some real pre-historic vestiges, as shown in these pictures. Although researches are not completed yet I may guess that they were made by a group of kids dressed up like idiots, commanded by an idiot dressed up like a kid, which is a dangerous part of the population, having a mental development similar to the Cro-Magnon humans.



Some interesting facts:

The drive-in restaurant where we had lunch. Congratulations to the catering service.

We stopped and visited Aldeia da Mata Pequena, where I found a member of the portuguese government in holidays. I sang Grandola Vila Morena to him but despite the size of the ears I think he didn’t hear me.

At Mafra: is this the Stairway to Heaven?

More photos can be seen in my WebPicasa page.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário